RADIATION TRANSFER IN COMBUSTION CHAMBERS
Following from: Radiative transfer in combustion systems; Combustion phenomena affected by radiation; Radiative transfer in laminar flames; Radiative transfer in turbulent flames
Leading to: Radiative transfer in two-phase combustion; Thermal radiation in unwanted fires
Radiative heat transfer plays an important role since it controls charge heating in furnaces and is a key mechanism in thermal heat losses and wall heat fluxes. Examples of combustion systems (usually large in scale) in which radiation is the prime mode of heat transfer include different types of furnaces for materials processing (Viskanta and Bergman, 1998), boilers (furnaces) for steam and power generation using gaseous fuels, fuel sprays and pulverized coal as fuels, and numerous others. An earlier review of radiative transfer in combustion systems is available (Viskanta and Mengüç, 1987), and a newer account can be found in a recent book ...
Voc├¬ precisa de uma assinatura para acessar o conte├║do completo deste artigo.
- Blokh, A. G., Heat Transfer in Steam Boiler Furnace, Hemisphere Publishing, Washington (1988).
- Brewster, B. S., Cannon, J. R., Farmer, J. R., and Meng, F., Modeling of Lean Premixed Combustion Stationary Gas Turbines, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., vol. 25, pp. 353-385, 1999.
- Chapman, K. S., Ramadhyani, S., and Viskanta, R., Modeling and Parametric Studies of Heat Transfer in a Direct-Fired Continuous Reheating Furnace, Metal. Trans. B., vol. 22, pp. 513-521, 1991.
- Faeth, G. M., Gore, J. P., Church, S. G., and Jeng, S.-M., Radiation from Turbulent Diffusion Flames, Annual Review of Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer, C. L. Tein and T. C. Chawla (eds.), Hemisphere Publishing, New York, pp. 1-38, 1989.
- Hottel, H. C., Radiative Transfer in Combustion Chambers, J. Inst. Fuel, vol. 34, pp. 220-233, 1961.
- Hottel, H. C., First Estimates of Industrial Furnace Performance--The One-Zone Model Re-Examined, Heat Transfer in Flames, N. H. Afgan and J. H. Beer (eds.), Scripta Book Co., New York, pp. 5-54, 1974.
- Khalil, E. E., Modeling of Furnaces and Combustors, Abacus Press, Kent, 1982.
- Lefebvre, A. H., Gas Turbine Combustion, Hemisphere Publishing, Washington, 1983.
- Lefebvre, A. H. and Ballal, D. R., Gas Turbine Combustion: Alternative Fuels and Emissions, 3rd ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2010.
- Louis, J. J. J., Kok, J. B. W., and Klein, S. A., Modeling and Measurements of a 16-kW Turbulent Nonadiabatic Syngas Diffusion Flame in a Cylindrical Combustion Chamber, Combust. Flame, vol. 125, pp. 1012-1031, 2001.
- Magnussen, B. I. and Hjertager, B. H., On Mathematical Modeling of Turbulent Combustion with Special Emphasis on Soot Formation and Combustion, 16th Symposium International on Combustion, The Combustion Institute, Pittsburgh, pp. 719-729, 1976.
- Orsino, S., Weber, R., and Bolletini, U., Numerical Simulation of Combustion of Natural Gas with High-Temperature Air, Combust. Sci. Technol., vol. 170, pp. 1-34, 2001.
- Pope, S. B., Turbulent Flows, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000.
- Rhine, J. R. and Tucker, R. J., Modelling of Gas-Fired Furnaces and Boilers, British Gas plc, London, 1991.
- Silva, C. V., France, F. H. R., and Vilmo, H. A., Analysis of the Turbulent, Non-Premixed Combustion of Natural Gas in a Cylindrical Chamber with and without Thermal Radiation Combust. Sci. Technol., vol. 179, pp. 1605-1630, 2007.
- Veynante, D. and Vervisch, L., Turbulent Combustion Modeling, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., vol. 28, pp. 193-266, 2002.
- Viskanta, R. and Mengüç, M. P., Heat Transfer in Combustion Systems, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., vol. 13, pp. 97-160, 1987.
- Viskanta, R. and Bergman, T. L., Heat Transfer in Materials Processing, Handbook of Heat Transfer, 3rd ed., W. M. Rohsenow, J. P. Hartnett, and Y. I. Cho (eds.), McGraw Hill, New York, Chap. 18, 1998.
- Viskanta, R., Radiative Transfer in Combustion Systems: Fundamental and Applications, Begell House, New York and Redding, CT, 2005.
- Viskanta, R., Computation of Radiative Transfer in Combustion Systems, Int. J. Numer. Methods Heat Fluid Flow, vol. 18, no. 3/4, pp. 415-442, 2008.