THERMAL RADIATION FROM NONISOTHERMAL PARTICLES IN COMBINED HEAT TRANSFER PROBLEMS
In analyzing radiation heat transfer in disperse systems containing small particles, a single particle is usually considered to be isothermal. This assumption greatly simplifies the calculation of the thermal radiation of the particle (Dombrovsky, 1996; Modest, 2003; Viskanta, 2005). At the same time, in the case of intensive heating or cooling, the temperature difference between the center and the surface of the particle may be considerable. This can be realized not only in the case of fast heati ...
Você precisa de uma assinatura para acessar o conteúdo completo deste artigo.
- Astafieva, L. G. and Prishivalko, A. P., Heating of Solid Aerosol Particles Exposed to Intense Optical Radiation, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 489â€“499, 1998.
- Berthoud, G., Vapor Explosions, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., vol. 32, pp. 573â€“611, 2000.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Radiation Heat Transfer in Disperse Systems, Begell House, New York and Redding, CT, 1996.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Thermal Radiation From Nonisothermal Particles of Weakly Absorbing Substance, Proc. 2nd Russ. Nat. Conf. Heat Mass Transfer, Moscow, Oct. 26â€“30, vol. 6, Mosc. Inst. Power Eng. (MIPE) Publ. House, Moscow, pp. 278â€“281, 1998 (in Russian).
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Thermal Radiation of a Spherical Particle of Semitransparent Material, High Temp., vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 260â€“269, 1999.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Thermal Radiation From Nonisothermal Spherical Particles of a Semitransparent Material, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1661â€“1672, 2000a.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Approximate Calculation of Thermal Radiation of Nonisothermal Semitransparent Particles, High Temp., vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 663â€“665, 2000b.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., A Modified Differential Approximation for Thermal Radiation of Semitransparent Nonisothermal Particles: Application to Optical Diagnostics of Plasma Spraying, J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, vol. 73, no. 2-5, pp. 433â€“441, 2002.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Nonuniform Absorption of Thermal Radiation in Semitransparent Spherical Particles under Conditions of Arbitrary Illumination of a Disperse System, High Temp., vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 975â€“986, 2004a.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Absorption of Thermal Radiation in Large Semi-Transparent Particles at Arbitrary Illumination of the Polydisperse System, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 47, no. 25, pp. 5511â€“5522, 2004b.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Thermal Radiation of Nonisothermal Particles in Combined Heat Transfer Problems (dedication lecture), Proc. of 5th Int. Symp. Radiat. Transfer, Bodrum, Turkey, June 17â€“22, Begell House, New York and Redding (CT), 2007.
- Dombrovsky, L. A. and LipiÅ„ski, W., Transient Temperature and Thermal Stress Profiles in Semi-Transparent Particles Under High-Flux Irradiation, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 50, no. 11-12, pp. 2117â€“2123, 2007.
- Fauchais, P., Understanding Plasma Spraying, J. Phys. D, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. R86â€“R108, 2004.
- Fauchais, P., Montavon, G., Vardelle, M., and Cedelle, J., Developments in Direct Current Plasma Spraying, Surf. Coat. Tech., vol. 201, no. 5, pp. 1908â€“1921, 2006.
- Fincke, J. R., Haggard, D. C., and Swank, W. D., Particle Temperature Measurement in the Thermal Spray Process, J. Thermal Spray Tech., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 255â€“266, 2001.
- Fletcher, D. F., Steam Explosion Triggering: A Review of Theoretical and Experimental Investigations, Nucl. Eng. Des., vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 27â€“36, 1995.
- Liu, L. H., Anisotropic Emission Characteristics of Semitransparent Spherical Particle with Spherically Asymmetric Temperature Distribution, J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 135â€“143, 2004.
- Liu, L. H., Tan, H. P., and Tong, T. W., Transient Coupled Radiation-Conduction in Semitransparent Spherical Particle, J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 43â€“49, 2002.
- Modest, M. F., Radiative Heat Transfer, 2nd ed., Academic Press, New York, 2003.
- Moreau, C., Towards a Better Control of Thermal Spray Process, Proc. of 15th Int. Therm. Spray Conf., Nice, France, ASM International, Materials Park, OH, pp. 1681â€“1693, 1998.
- Park, B.-S. and Armstrong, R. L., Laser Droplet Heating: Fast and Slow Heating Regimes, Appl. Opt., vol. 28, no. 17, pp. 3671â€“3680, 1989.
- Pendleton, J. D., Water Droplets Irradiated by a Pulsed CO2 Laser: Comparison of Computed Temperature Contours with Explosive Vaporization Patterns, Appl. Opt., vol. 24, no. 11, 1631â€“1637, 1985.
- Pfender, E. and Chang, C. H., Plasma Spray Jets and Plasma-Particulate Interaction: Modeling and Experiments, Proc. of 15th Int. Therm. Spray Conf., Nice, France, pp. 315â€“327, 1998.
- Qiu, T. Q., Longtin, J. P., and Tien, C. L., Characteristics of Radiation Absorption in Metallic Particles, ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 340â€“345, 1995.
- Streibl, T., Vaidya, A., Friis, M., Srinivasan, V., and Sampath, S., A Critical Assessment of Particle Temperature Distributions During Plasma Spraying: Experimental Results for YSZ, Plasma Chem. Plasma Process., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 73â€“102, 2006.
- Theofanous, T. G., The Study of Steam Explosions in Nuclear Systems, Nucl. Eng. Des., vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 1â€“26, 1995.
- Tuntomo, A. and Tien, C. L., Transient Heat Transfer in a Conducting Particle with Internal Radiant Absorption, ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 304â€“309, 1992.
- Viskanta, R., Radiative Transfer in Combustion Systems: Fundamentals and Applications, Begell House, New York and Redding, CT, 2005.