RADIATION FROM SEMITRANSPARENT OXIDE PARTICLES IN THERMAL SPRAYING
Plasma spraying is widely used for coating deposition and advanced material forming. To control the plasma spraying process, one should be able to evaluate on line the key physical process variables, including the bulk temperature of particles (Pfender and Chang, 1998; Moreau, 1998; Fincke et al., 2001; Fauchais, 2004; Fauchais et al., 2006; Streibl et al., 2006). The particle temperature is usually determined experimentally from the ratio of the thermal radiation detected at two closely related wavelengths (two-color pyrometry). As a result, the so-called color temperature is obtained. It the case of a semitransparent particle, the color temperature is int ...
Você precisa de uma assinatura para acessar o conteúdo completo deste artigo.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Radiation Heat Transfer in Disperse Systems, Begell House, New York and Redding, CT, 1996.
- Dombrovsky, L. A. and Ignatiev, M. B., Inclusion of Nonisothermality of Particles in the Calculations and Diagnostics of Two-Phase Jets Used for Spray Deposition of Coatings, High Temp., vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 134â€“141, 2001.
- Dombrovsky, L. A. and Ignatiev, M. B., An Estimate of the Temperature of Semitransparent Oxide Particles in Thermal Spraying, Heat Transfer Eng., vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 60â€“68, 2003.
- Fauchais, P., Understanding Plasma Spraying, J. Phys. D, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. R86â€“R108, 2004.
- Fauchais, P., Montavon, G., Vardelle, M., and Cedelle, J., Developments in Direct Current Plasma Spraying, Surf. Coat. Tech., vol. 201, no. 5, pp. 1908â€“1921, 2006.
- Fincke, J. R., Haggard, D. C., and Swank, W. D., Particle Temperature Measurement in the Thermal Spray Process, J. Thermal Spray Tech., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 255â€“266, 2001.
- Fiszdon, J. K., Melting of Powder Grains in a Plasma Flame, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 749â€“761, 1979.
- Kundas, S. P., Dostanko, A. P., Il'ushenko, A. F., Kuz'menkov, A. N., Lugscheder, E., and Eritt, U., Computer Simulation of Plasma Spraying Process, Bestprint, Minsk. 1998 (in Russian).
- Moreau, C., Towards a Better Control of Thermal Spray Process, Proc. of 15th Int. Therm. Spray Conf., Nice, France, x, pp. 1681â€“1693, 1998.
- Pfender, E. and Chang, C. H., Plasma Spray Jets and Plasma-Particulate Interaction: Modeling and Experiments, Proc. of 15th Int. Therm. Spray Conf., Nice, France, x, pp. 315â€“327, 1998.
- Streibl, T., Vaidya, A., Friis, M., Srinivasan, V., and Sampath, S., A Critical Assessment of Particle Temperature Distributions During Plasma Spraying: Experimental Results for YSZ, Plasma Chem. Plasma Process., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 73â€“102, 2006.
- Wan, Y. P., Prasad, V., Wang, G. X., Sampath, S., and Fincke, G. R., Model of Power Particle Heating, Melting, Resolidification, and Evaporation in Plasma Spraying Processes, ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 691â€“699, 1999.
- Yoshida, T. and Akasi, K., Particle Heating in a Radio-Frequency Plasma Torch, J. Appl. Phys., vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2252â€“2260, 1977.