NEAR-INFRARED PROPERTIES OF QUARTZ FIBERS
An analysis of absorption and scattering of infrared radiation by quartz fibers is important for the understanding of heat-shielding properties of highly porous thermal insulations containing quartz or glass fibers. Similar materials are widely used in practice, and their spectral radiative properties in the visible and near-infrared spectral ranges are of great interest.
The index of refraction of fused quartz in the spectral range 0.21 ≤ λ ≤ 3.71 μm at room temperature was measured with high accuracy by Malitson (1965) and Brixner (1967). It is well described by using the three-term dispersion re ...
Чтобы просмотреть полный текст статьи, нужно оформить подписку.
- Banner, D., Klarsfeld, S., and Langlais, C., Temperature Dependence of the Optical Characteristics of Semitransparent Porous Media, High Temp.-High Press., vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 347-354, 1989.
- Beder, E. C., Bass, C. D., and Shackleford, W. L., Transmissivity and Absorption of Fused Quartz Between 0.2μm and 3.5μm from Room Temperature to 1500 Degree C, Appl. Opt., vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 2263-2268, 1971.
- Brixner, B., Refractive-Index Interpolation for Fused Silica, J. Opt. Soc. Am., vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 674-676, 1967.
- Coquard, R. and Baillis, D., Radiative Properties of Dense Fibrous Medium Containing Fibers in the Geometrical Limit, ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 128, no. 10, pp. 1022-1030, 2006.
- Coquard, R. and Baillis, D., Radiative Characteristics of Opaque Spherical Particles Beds: A New Method of Prediction, J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 178-186, 2004.
- Cunnington, G. R. and Lee, S. C., Radiative Properties of Fibrous Insulations: Theory Versus Experiment, J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 460-466, 1996.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Quartz-Fiber Thermal Insulation: Calculation of Spectral Radiation Characteristics in the Infrared Region, High Temp., vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 209-215, 1994.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Quartz-Fiber Thermal Insulation: Infrared Radiative Properties and Calculation of Radiative-Conductive Heat Transfer, ASME J. Heat Transfer, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 408-414, 1996a.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Radiation Heat Transfer in Disperse Systems, Begell House, New York and Redding, CT, 1996b.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Radiative Properties of Metalized-Fiber Thermal Insulation, High Temp., vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 275-282, 1997.
- Dombrovsky, L., Randrianalisoa, J., Baillis, D., and Pilon, L., Use of Mie Theory to Analyze Experimental Data to Identify Infrared Properties of Fused Quartz Containing Bubbles, Appl. Opt., vol. 44, no. 33, pp. 7021-7031, 2005.
- Khashan, M. A. and Nassif, A. Y., Dispersion of the Optical Constants of Quartz and Polymethyl Methacrylate Glasses in a Wide Spectral Range: 0.2-3μm, Optics Commun., vol. 188, no. 1-4, pp. 129-139, 2001.
- Kitamura, R., Pilon, L., and Jonasz, M., Optical Constants of Silica Glass from Extreme Ultraviolet to Far Infrared at Near Room Temperatures, Appl. Opt., vol. 46, no. 33, pp. 8118-8133, 2007.
- Kondratenko, A. V., Moiseyev, S. S., Petrov, V. A., and Stepanov, S. V., Experimental Determination of Optical Properties of Fiber Quartz Heat-Shielding Material, High Temp., vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 126-130, 1991.
- Lee, S. C., Radiative Transfer through a Fibrous Medium: Allowance for Fiber Orientation, J. Quant. Spectr. Radiat. Transfer, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 253-263, 1986.
- Lee, S. C., Radiation Heat-Transfer Model for Fibers Oriented Parallel to Diffuse Boundaries, J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 303-308, 1988.
- Malitson, I. H., Interspecimen Comparison of the Refractive Index of Fused Silica, J. Opt. Soc. Am., vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1205-1209, 1965.
- Milandri, A., Asllanaj, F., and Jeandel, G., Determination of Radiative Properties of Fibrous Media by an Inverse Method--Comparison with the Mie Theory, J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 637-653, 2002.
- Moiseyev, S. S., Petrov, V. A., and Stepanov, S. V., Optical Properties of High-Temperature Fibrous Silica Thermal Insulation, High Temp.-High Press., vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 391-402, 1992.
- Nicolau, V. P., Raynaud, M., and Sacadura, J.-F., Spectral Radiative Properties Identification of Fiber Insulating Materials, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 37, Suppl. 1, pp. 311-324, 1994.
- Petrov, V. A., Optical Properties of Silica Glasses at High Temperatures in the Region of Semi-Transparency, Rev. Thermophys. Propert. Subst., vol. 3, no. 17, pp. 30-72, 1979 (in Russian).
- Tan, C. Z., Determination of Refractive Index of Silica Glass for Infrared Wavelength by IR Spectroscopy, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, vol. 223, no. 1-2, pp. 158-163, 1998.
- Tan, C. Z. and Arndt, J., Refractive Index, Optical Dispersion, and Group Velocity of Infrared Waves in Silica Glass, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1087-1092, 2001.
- Touloukian, Y. S. and DeWitt, D. P. (eds.), Thermal Radiative Properties: Nonmetallic Solids, vol. 8 of Thermopysical Properties of Matter, Plenum Press, New York, 1972.
- Yeh, H. Y. and Roux, J. A., Spectral Radiative Properties of Fibreglass Insulation, J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 75-81, 1988.