SEMITRANSPARENT MEDIA CONTAINING BUBBLES
In many natural phenomena as well as materials processing and manufacturing situations, the presence of bubbles affects the thermophysical and radiative properties of the two-phase system and hence the transport phenomena. It is well known that radiation scattering by bubbles in the visible and infrared spectral ranges affects the optical properties of semitransparent substances. Several issues are important to keep in mind: the influence of bubbles on light scattering in the ocean (Zhang et al., 1998), the role of vapor bubbles in high-temperature radiative heating of boiling water (Dombrovsky, 2004), and the glass melting process in industrial furnaces, where bubbles are gene ...
Ð§ÑÐ¾Ð±Ñ Ð¿ÑÐ¾ÑÐ¼Ð¾ÑÑÐµÑÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð½ÑÐ¹ ÑÐµÐºÑÑ ÑÑÐ°ÑÑÐ¸, Ð½ÑÐ¶Ð½Ð¾ Ð¾ÑÐ¾ÑÐ¼Ð¸ÑÑ Ð¿Ð¾Ð´Ð¿Ð¸ÑÐºÑ.
- Baillis, D., Pilon, L., Randrianalisoa, H., Gomez, R., and Viskanta, R., Measurements of radiation characteristics of fused quartz containing bubbles, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 149-159, 2004.
- Campbell, G. M. and Mougeot, E., Creation and characterisation of aerated food products, Trends Food Sci. Technol., vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 283-296, 1999.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., The propagation of infrared radiation in a semitransparent liquid containing gas bubbles, High Temp., vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 133-139, 2004.
- Dombrovsky, L. A., Sazhin, S. S., Mikhalovsky, S. V., Wood, R., and Heikal, M. R., Spectral properties of diesel fuel droplets, Fuel, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 15-22, 2003.
- Dombrovsky, L., Randrianalisoa, J., Baillis, D., and Pilon, L., Use of Mie theory to analyze experimental data to identify infrared properties of fused quartz containing bubbles, Appl. Opt., vol. 44, no. 33, pp. 7021-7031, 2005.
- Fedorov, A. G. and Pilon, L., Glass foam: Formation, transport properties, and heat, mass, and radiation transfer, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, vol. 311, no. 2, pp. 154-173, 2002.
- German, M. L. and Grinchuk, P. S., Mathematical model for calculating the heat-protection properties of the composite coating “ceramic microspheres--binder,” J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys., vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1301-1313, 2002.
- Hale, G. M. and Querry, M. P., Optical constants of water in the 200 nm to 200 μm wavelength region, Appl. Opt., vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 555-563, 1973.
- Kournyts’kyi, T., Melnik, R. V. N., and Gachkevich, A., Thermal behavior of absorbing and scattering glass media containing molecular water impurity, Int. J. Therm. Sci., vol. 44, no. 2, 107-114, 2005.
- Malitson, I. H., Interspecimen comparison of the refractive index of fused silica, J. Opt. Soc. Am., vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1205-1209, 1965.
- Papadopoulos, A. M., State of the art in thermal insulation materials and aims for future developments, Energy and Buildings, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 77-86, 2005.
- Pilon, L. and Viskanta, R., Radiation characteristics of glass containing bubbles, J. Am. Ceramic Soc., vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 1313-1320, 2003.
- Plotnichenko, V. G., Sokolov, V. O., and Dianov, E. M., Hydroxyl groups in high-purity silica glass, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, vol. 261, no. 1-3, pp. 186-194, 2000.
- Tan, C. Z., Determination of refractive index of silica glass for infrared wavelength by IR spectroscopy, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, vol. 223, no. 1-2, pp. 158-163, 1998.
- Tan, C. Z. and Arndt, J., Refractive index, optical dispersion, and group velocity of infrared waves in silica glass, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1087-1092, 2001.
- Tomozawa, M., Kim, D.-L., and Lou, V., Preparation of high purity, low water content fused silica glass, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, vol. 296, no. 1-2, pp. 102-106, 2001.
- Zhang, X., Lewis, M., and Johnson, B., Influence of bubbles on scattering of light in the ocean, Appl. Opt., vol. 37, no. 27, pp. 6525-6536, 1998.